At Toccoa Veterinary Hospital we believe in the addition of alternative treatments to help your pet maintain the highest level of health possible. Whether your animal companion is an athlete or a geriatric animal that is starting to slow down, chiropractic can help them!
So you may ask, what exactly is Chiropractic and what does it do?
- The bones of the spine and joints are maintained in a specific alignment. When that alignment is disrupted, it is called a subluxation.
- The nerves which surround each joint and vertebral articulation are in constant communication with the central nervous system, brain and all organs. When a subluxation exists, the nerves cannot properly communicate to the brain and the rest of the body.
- When the communication is disrupted, the negative effects on the body can be wide spread throughout the nervous system, local muscles, joints and even distant organs, glands and body functions.
- A Chiropractic adjustment is defined as a short lever, high velocity controlled thrust by the adjuster’s hand. This thrust is directed at a specific section of a bone to correct a subluxation.
How do you know if your animal needs an adjustment?
- Lameness, trouble getting up and down
- Behavior or mood change
- Chronic health problems that do not resolve as expected
- Neck, back, leg, and tail pain
- Muscle spasms and nerve problems
- Injuries from slips, falls, accidents
- Jaw or TMJ problems, such as difficulty chewing
- Bowel, bladder, and internal medicine disorders
- Maintenance care of joint and spinal health especially on athletes
Toccoa Veterinary Hospital provides chiropractic care to both large and small animals. If you have any questions about chiropractic care for animals, please feel free to contact us by phone or email.